CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 26, 2011

China Glaze Black Mesh and OPI Not Like The Movies Review

I am so stoked I finally found a place selling Not Like The Movies from OPI's Katy Perry collection! When I first found out that Katy Perry was going to have an OPI collection I was so excited, I really thought it was going to be amazing! But then I saw numerous swatches online and when looking at the polishes in person I really wasn't too excited about this collection. It was kind of a disappointment. However I decided that out of all of them Not Like The Movies was the most unique and actually opaque polish in the collection so I decided to pick it up. And I'm glad I did! It took three-ish coats to get a really opaque finish on the nails, but that being said the color itself is really neat! In some lights this polish looks slate grey, while in others it is a lavenderesque purple, and when the light hits it just right it looks mushroom green with golden shimmers. I don't know if I would wear this color by itself to be honest, but I definitely love it as a base color with a design on top. In short, if you are wanting to get a polish from the OPI Katy Perry collection, I would recommend this one.

AND I also picked up all of the China Glaze crackle polishes! They're SO much fun!!! I've always been into arts and crafts and when I was little I remember I used crackle paint on some art project and I wanted so badly for it to be a nail polish...well now that dream has come true! lol. There are seriously millions of manicure color combinations when using the crackle polishes. In the picture below I have on Not Like The Movies as my base color and Black Mesh Crackle on top and it is so my style. I love things that are girly with a little bit of a rock and roll edge and these two colors together definitely provide that. Oh yeah! And because I always like a little bit of glitter, on my ring finger I have China Glaze's Fairy Dust...and like always I topped it all off with Seche Vite top coat.



P.S. sorry for the poor photo quality, I had to use my phone today because my camera has decided to go M.I.A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment