CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

MAC Wonder Woman, Dainty, and Silver Dusk

OMG I can't even tell you how excited I am right now!! I just picked up my order from MAC at the mail room after I got out of class!

First of all I am SOOOO glad I purchased what I did from the Wonder Woman collection! I was slightly nervous seeing as I had never seen the products in person, but I had seen a couple swatches on YouTube. Additionally, I don't tend to pick up limited edition items because I always fall in love with them and then can't find them once their sold out. :[ I would have to say that my only complaint about MAC is the constant release of new limited edition collections. If anyone with any power at MAC ever sees this...I beg you to re-release Springtime Skipper from the Barbie loves MAC collection. I bought two of those at the time and I am just about done with the second one...I knew I should have purchased more. lol.

Anyway, back to the Wonder Woman collection...I ordered the Mighty Aphrodite blush and the Pink Power Mineralize Skin Finish. I was nervous the skin finish was going to be too dark for me. Afterall, it is winter and I have made a resolution to not indoor tan this year. So I am currently a NW 15, you can see my reason for concern. lol. But ohmigoodness these colors are gorgeous!!! They are sheer but build-able for those looking for a more intense color payoff. Like most all MAC products, these seem to be very pigmented and I have a feeling they will last quite a while. In addition, the packaging is super cute and original. It's a very almost vintage-y feeling to the compacts with the red and blue color scheme and the Wonder Woman logo on the front. They definitely scream comic book (in a good way). Again, I have to say way to go MAC you've pulled off another great limited edition collection...lol.


   
                    Mighty Aphrodite

Mighty Aphrodite Blushes (flipped from how they're in compact)





    

              Pink Power MSF



   


Also with this order, I purchased the Dainty mineralize blush and Silver Dusk loose powder. I had heard Dainty was comparable to NARS' Orgasm blush. From the swatching I have done in the past at Sephora I would have to agree. Granted I do not own Orgasm to do a side by side comparison of the two...but from what I can remember they're pretty similar. Dainty is a beautiful peachy-ish pink blush with golden shimmers. It is very pigmented and blends beautifully to give the perfect glowy pink cheeked complexion! And Silver Dusk I can tell is going to be one of my favorites for a long time. It is the first highlight that I've ever really used and liked. It's a iridescent powder that like dainty gives your cheeks the perfect glow. Just make sure you tap off the excess really well before applying or you could end up looking like Edward Cullen in Twilight in the sunshine...but if you're into that go for it! lol. But seriously I love this for my complexion it is so beautiful and amazing. MAC also makes a slightly darker golden iridescent powder for those who aren't as pale as myself. You will probably see that being reviewed this summer once my tan returns!
Dainty Blush



Dainty Swatch







 
Silver Dusk's Shimmer
Thanks for checking out my blog! Please feel free to leave any comments or suggestions below!

No comments:

Post a Comment